About this Blog

Learning to be a Leader is a blog to chronicle my journey towards becoming an Educational Leader. See my first entry for more information.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Extreme Leaders


I was listening to an interesting interview by Harvard Business professor Gautam Mukunda which was posted on the Harvard Business Review. In the interview, Mukunda introduces the idea of an "Extreme Leader" as being one that can accomplish something that noone else could have accomplished. These leaders come from outside the norm or system and are selected to do a task that others deem impossible. While listening to his discussion, I couldn't help but think about the training we are getting in the PROPEL program, about how we will be expected to go into schools and do things that noone else has been able to do, I couldn't help but wonder if the creators of this program are not training us to be Extreme Leaders. Based on the talent of the people I am working with in this program... If they are training us to be extreme leaders, I think the PROPEL leaders will be great ones!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflect on this entry here: