About this Blog

Learning to be a Leader is a blog to chronicle my journey towards becoming an Educational Leader. See my first entry for more information.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Anticipation is Killing Me!!!

This has become my motto this summer as I patiently wait for what's to come. For the past two years I have undergone rigorous training to become a turn around leader. This training included both classwork and field work in one of our district's neediest schools. While completing the field work, I was able to initiate programs and procedures designed to strategically target the schools needs. I worked with the school's staff and leadership, and designed a plan to ensure that the program continued after my field work was completed. The programs worked... Moving the school up two letter grades on the state evaluation system. So now that I have finished my training, I wait to see where the road will take me, my next steps, believing that when the time is right I will move into a leadership position.  

Unfortunately, patience has never been one of my virtues. I was the kid that used to go searching under beds for holiday gifts, the one that has to show someone their gift as soon as I buy it and the one that believes in the saying "dessert first" after all who wants to wait for dinner when there is chocolate to be had!!!

Although now, with things beyond my control, I need to have faith that when the time is right I will get there. They tell me to breathe, to relax, that they know I am ready and that my time is coming soon. They tell me to have patience. I'm trying! Boy, am I trying but the anticipation is killing me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflect on this entry here: