About this Blog

Learning to be a Leader is a blog to chronicle my journey towards becoming an Educational Leader. See my first entry for more information.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Count Your Blessings

Thanksgiving is a time to spend with family and loved ones, but too often those we love are far from us. For some it is miles that separate us, for some it is circumstances, and sadly for others Thanksgiving is a time where we remember those we've lost.

This Thanksgiving I spent with many of my family and yet those I love most were far away. While miles may have separated us this year, they do not break the bonds and the love I feel for them transcends the distance.

However, this Thanksgiving some of my family and my extended Propel family have experienced some sadness. There are those that spent this holiday time together with family grieving those they have lost. For them, this holiday was filled with sadness. My heart is heavy for them as they mourn for those that past.

And yet... just as each new day gives way to a promise of a better tomorrow, so too does life renew itself. This holiday also brings the latest member of our Propel family. Little M, a wonderful bundle of joy, whose smile reassures us that life continues.

So as we give thanks this year, remember all we are thankful for, those people that bring meaning, joy, and love into our lives. Remember those whose presence makes our life easier and filled with purpose. Count your blessings for the time you have with your loved ones, and for the memories they have helped you create.

May your holiday season be filled with joy and blessings.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflect on this entry here: