About this Blog

Learning to be a Leader is a blog to chronicle my journey towards becoming an Educational Leader. See my first entry for more information.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

What defines me?

This was the question that inspired another project for my Critical Urban Ed class, which has turned out to be more of an exploration of self-discovery than anything else. I suppose we need to know how to relate and connect with our own culture before we can expect to connect with anothers. Anyway this week we were to create a "Culture Chest." The outside was to reflect how the world perceives us and the inside was to include items that reflected who we really are as a person. Figuring out what to put in my box that would define who I am was challenging except for one thing... My girls. They mean the world to me... One thing that defines me is the fact that I am their mother. Rather than putting a ton of pictures, I created this video... It focuses on their time participating in band activities since I was a band mom, not just for my own kids but also for the hundreds of kids they marched with over the years. We spent more than 10 years being involved in band programs, including the years my girls spent marching with the world class Boston Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflect on this entry here: