About this Blog

Learning to be a Leader is a blog to chronicle my journey towards becoming an Educational Leader. See my first entry for more information.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I'm in APA Hell

APA... Must stand for Always Pretty Annoying, because it is! The worst thing about this GRAD program is not going to class every Saturday, all day (I actually enjoy seeing all my PROPEL peeps there), it's not the never ending reading (a lot of that is pretty interesting), it is not the on-line discussions, the projects or even the papers (because as crazy as it is, I really don't mind the work).

What I hate the most about GRAD school, is having to format everything in APA style. UGH!! Don't get me wrong, I get the whole double-spaced and 1 inch margins. I get the standard 12pt New Times Roman font. I certainly understand the need to clearly articulate your ideas.

BUT....REALLY... when in the future will we ever need to use a RUNNING HEAD! Come on... it sounds like something from a bad Sci-Fi movie! Between trying to remember what gets capitalized and what doesn't... what gets italicized and what doesn't...  what gets centered... what is indented... and what is left justified... I may very well lose  my mind!

Yup, I am in definitely in APA Hell!!

But don't worry you won't have to listen to me yelling about it, because I have a PASSIVE VOICE!

Anyone interested in becoming my APA proof-reader?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflect on this entry here: