About this Blog

Learning to be a Leader is a blog to chronicle my journey towards becoming an Educational Leader. See my first entry for more information.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What's the hurry?

Have you ever noticed how everyone is always in such a hurry? I guess since I'm usually one of those people, I never really paid attention... but today as I sit here waiting for my flight out of Charlotte, watching all the commotion and people hustle and bustling... I couldn't help but wonder why these people were in such a hurry.

Think about all the terms in our vocabulary that deal with this very subject... on the fast track, the rat race, fast pass, speed lane, information super highway, I could good on but that still doesn't answer the question, why are we all in such a hurry? Is getting to the front of the line a few minutes early really that important? Do we really need to speed, push our way through the crowd, rush to get there, wherever there may be? I ask these questions and while I do I feel slightly hypocritical, especially considering the fact that I spent the last three days complaining that I had to travel winding country roads in North Carolina instead of being one of those high speed freeways. Yet, now I sit here and think about how beautiful those roads really were and I wonder why I was such a hurry?

This program I am in, is one of those fast pace programs... it's accelerated and designed to provide us with specialized training that will help us turn around schools quickly... HURRY, HURRY, HURRY. 

While I get the intent and need to make rapid changes in those types of school, I can't help but wonder what beautiful things we might miss while we are on that road.

For me,  I am going to just have to remember to slow down sometimes, take the winding road, and enjoy the sights... and just not be in such a hurry.

Enjoy these...

 

Photos taken in North Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflect on this entry here: